in 1981, he not only knew stone but had a passion for it. He had an eye for the truly exquisite material which helped him source some of the most unique slabs in the world. Like an interior designer, John had a keen eye for style and vast understanding of trends that U.S. customers demanded
For over 40 years John cultivated relationships with the most exclusive quarries in the world helping to bring stones to the US that clients were dreaming of. AGM imports from over 40 countries making us the top domestic importer of stone. With the high demand of quartz in the countertop market, we have cultivated partners around the world that are creating realistic marble designs. Today, those relationships remain strong in the hands of John’s son, John J. Antunes Jr.
With a lifetime of training in the subtle art and science of natural stone selection, John has continued his family’s legacy. He travels the world like his father before him in search of the best material available. All our material is hand selected and inspected by our highly trained employees located in key countries of production.
Our expansive showrooms have over 20,000 slabs to choose from all sorted using our advanced machine technology. Once you’ve chosen your material, we can customize the surface finish, using top Italian made machinery only seen in the best factories in the world. You can select from any finish; polished, honed or even leather to give you an ever more unique countertop. We don’t leave the care of your family’s newest design choice to just anyone. We ensure that when your slab is delivered, from one of our fleet of trucks, it meets our high standards.
What to Expect at AGM Imports
We work hard to make the purchasing process as simple
and convenient as possible:
- We welcome the public, builders, designers and fabricators to visit any of our warehouses to view and touch thousands of beautiful natural stone slabs and hand select the slab for your project. Private Appointments and online inventory are also available.
- You can select any finish you’d like on the material; Leather, Honed, Polished or Matte. Our trained team handle your material with care making sure that every imperfection has been transformed to reveal the stone’s true beauty.
- Once you have made your selection, we deliver your slabs to the fabricator from one of our fleet of trucks.
- Your fabricator then cuts the slab to your builder’s specifications. Fabrication time can vary from days to weeks depending on your fabricator’s production capacity.
* All pricing is reviewed with the Fabricator.